The Ark Lodge
The Ark is a lodge in the Aberdare National Park which has four viewing areas where you can observe wildlife at the waterhole and saltlick. There is also a ground level hide – the perfect spot for the discerning photographer. From this vantage point, photos of animals can be taken at eye-level.
So as not to miss any animal sightings, the resident guide will buzz your room when special animals come to the waterhole.
Number of rooms: 7 triple rooms, 10 double rooms have queen beds, 37 twin rooms, 6 rooms with single beds.
- The Ark is named after Noah’s Ark.
- The Ark serves meals prepared using fresh, organic ingredients picked from the gardens brought in from farms in the villages.
- The Ark cellar boasts a wide selection of wines.
- A viewing deck on each of the four levels of the Ark enables safe and close viewing of elephants.
- A gift shop sells souvenirs, books, and gift items.
- The Ark library is stocked with books on everything you may want to know about the Aberdares.
- At the bar, where you can watch animals drinking at the waterhole while quenching their own thirst.