Mombasa Safari Tour -11 Days Mount Kenya-Samburu-Lake Nakuru-Masai Mara-Amboseli-Tsavo West-Tsavo east
Mombasa safari tour explorer visits Kenya wildlife hot spots,landmarks & the rift valley lakes.Tour features :-
- Mount Kenya national park
- Samburu Game reserve
- Lake Nakuru national park
- Masai mara game reserve
- Lake Naivasha
- Amboseli national park
- Tsavo west national park
- Tsavo East national park
Mombasa safari tours explorer involves short connecting road drives between parks hence maximizing time spend in game viewing.
This tour can also be customized to start from Nairobi & end in Nairobi or vise versa without involving flying.
Each park/Game reserve included in this itinerary is unique in its way and offers different scenic attraction.
Part of these Mombasa Safari tour highlights includes:-
- equator crossing
- Nature walks around mount Kenya
- Different climatic conditions
- Panoramic view of Mt.Kenya [the 2nd highest mountain in Africa
- Rift valley lakes
- Highest concentration of birds around the lakes
- The only tour that assures Rhino spotting
- Cultural diversity
- Tour takes you to the home of the “BIG FIVE” and other predators
- Mara river inhabited by wild crocodiles and Hippos
- Wildebeests migration in masai mara [July to October]
- Excellent views of Mount Kilimanjaro [Highest mountain in Africa]
- Mzima springs offering underwater observation points & inhabited by species of fish,Crocodiles & Hippos
- The red Elephants of Tsavo east
- Aruba dam [wildlife attraction point in Tsavo east]
We welcome you to experience this Mombasa safari tour explorer with us and we are certain that its going to be a memorable experience never to be forgotten.
Contact us for further information regarding this Mombasa safari tour
Mombasa Safari tour Explorer itinerary
Day 1: Mombasa-Nairobi – Mount Kenya
Early morning scheduled flight from Mombasa / Ukunda airstrip to Nairobi. Your safari driver will meet you at the airport.There shall be a short briefing about this safari .This will be followed by a departure from Nairobi heading to Mount Kenya.The journey will pass through the central highlands of Kenya with subsistence , pineapple, coffee and tea plantations along the route.Arrive in time for Lunch . Evening game drive around the mountain and a guided nature walk before returning to your lodge/Luxury camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Mt. Kenya – Samburu
Early morning breakfast and then leave Mt. Kenya for Samburu National Reserve.Make a stop at the equator crossing for taking photos.Proceed with your journey arriving in Samburu in time for lunch. Afternoon game viewing drives will take us along the banks of Ewaso Nyiro river.Look out for the rare Reticulated Giraffe, Oryx, Gravy’s Zebra, cheetahs, Crocodiles and many other animals living in this semi arid area. . Dinner and overnight at Your lodge or Luxury camp of choice.
Day 3: Samburu
Today you spend the whole day in this semi arid yet so beautiful land. Sample out the Samburu culture. Dinner and overnight at your lodge/luxury tented camp.
Day 4: Samburu – Lake Nakuru
Early morning breakfast.Thereafter depart with game and scenery viewing drive en route to exit .Proceed to Lake Nakuru at the floors of the Great Rift Valley.There shall be a stop to view the Thompson falls en-route.Arrive in time for lunch.Afternoon game drive in this rift valley lake often referred to as “the biggest bird spectacle “due to millions of flamingos,Pelicans & other species of birds that in habits the lake.The park hosts a Rhino sanctuary [both black and white Rhinos are found here] and from the baboon cliff we will have an overview of the lake.Return to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 5: Lake Nakuru – Masai Mara
Early morning breakfast and then have your morning game drive as you leave this park for Masai Mara. Drive across the great rift valley and arrive at masai mara in time for check in and lunch . Evening game drive will start at 1600Hrs. Dinner and overnight at your lodge / Luxury tented camp.
Day 6: Masai Mara
Spend a whole day in this jewel game reserve of Kenya. The highest concentration of wildlife exists here and we will be on the look out for the” Big Five”,predators & Scar-ventures as they roam freely in this natural game reserve.We shall have our picnic lunch by the mara river as we view the wild crocodiles and Hippos. Lots of bird life are also found here.Dinner and overnight in your lodge/luxury tented camp.
Day 7: Masai Mara – Naivasha
Optional balloon safari can be organized this morning[at an extra cost].This will be followed by a departure from Masai mara with game viewing en route to exit.Proceed to Lake Naivasha which also lies on the floor of the Rift valley and a ” bird watcher’s paradise”. The lake has its own share of wildlife.Arrive in time for lunch. Afternoon optional boat trip around the lake with a stop at the marvelous Crescent island provides more chances for spotting wildlife.A trip to the nearby Hell’s gate is worth a visit.Return to your lodge / luxury tented camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 8: Lake Naivasha – Amboseli
Early morning breakfast.Checkout and drive to Amboseli National Park via Nairobi.This will be a relaxed drive with your driver making some stops to point out some sightings. Arrive in time for lunch.Afternoon game viewing which takes us to the observation hill.Marvel at the Amboseli swampy grounds inhabited by hippos with large heard of elephants and other members of the big five also seen.Mount kilimanjaro remains the land mark of Amboseli national park.Return to your lodge for Dinner and overnight.
Day 9: Amboseli – Tsavo West
Optional early morning game drive before breakfast.Weather permitting the mount Kilimanjaro will sheath of the clouds and the sights of the snow capped peaks will be awesome.Breakfast. After breakfast, leave Amboseli for Tsavo West. Game viewing en route to your lodge/luxury camp for check-in and lunch.Afternoon game drive. Rhino sanctuary visit. Dinner and overnight in a Lodge/luxury camp of your choice.
Day 10: Tsavo West – Tsavo East
Optional wildlife drive shall be scheduled before breakfast.This will be followed by a checkout and proceed to our another game drive this time visiting the famous Mzima Springs.View Hippos, Crocodiles and different types of Fish in crystal clear waters.Lots of bird life exists in this greenery location. More game viewing en route to exit from the park.Drive to Tsavo east arriving in time for lunch.Evening game drive at 1600Hrs. Dinner and overnight at a Safari Lodge or luxury tented camp of choice.
Day 11: Tsavo East – Mombasa
This is the last day of our memorable Mombasa safari tour.We shall be up before the sunrise for a game drive before breakfast. The splendor of an African sunrise that engulfs the savanna shall be experienced as we traverse the vast park in search of the early grazers and hunters.Breakfast.After breakfast we shall check out leave with more game viewing as we exchange notes on what we may have seen & experienced during this 11 days safari.Arrive at our Kenya coast beach resort in the afternoon.
Note:– This Mombasa safari tours program can also return back to Nairobi after Tsavo east.
Kenya Safari tour prices given below are based on:-
- The level of accommodation
- Season/period of the year
- The number of people sharing in a vehicle
- Low season : April to end of June
- Peak season: July to October
- High season: November to March
High level Lodges/Luxury camps:
- Mount Kenya:- Fairmont mount kenya safari lodge,Serena Mountain lodge
- Samburu Game Reserve: Ashnil samburu camp,Sarova shaba ,Samburu simba lodge
- Lake Nakuru national park:- Sarova lion hill,Lake Nakuru Lodge
- Masai mara:- Mara serena,Mara Sarova,Ashnil mara,Keekorok lodge,Mara simba lodge
- Lake.Naivasha:– Lake Naivasha simba lodge,Lake naivasha country lodge
- Amboseli national park:- Amboseli serena lodge,Oltukai lodge
- Tsavo west:- Kilaguni serena lodge,Severin kitani Camp
- Tsavo East :– Satao camp ,Ashnil aruba lodge
Standard lodges/Luxury camps
- Mount Kenya:- Outspan hotel, Abadere country club,
- Samburu Game Reserve: Samburu lodge,Samburu sopa lodge
- Lake Nakuru national park:- Lake Nakuru Lodge,Flamingo hill camp
- Masai mara:- Mara sopa lodge,Fig tree camp,Mara leisure camp
- Lake.Naivasha:– Naivasha sopa lodge,Enashipai resort
- Amboseli national park:- Amboseli sopa lodge,Kibo safari camp,
- Tsavo west:- Ngulia safari lodge,Severin safari camp
- Tsavo East:– Voi safari lodge,Manyatta camp,Ashnil Aruba lodge
- Mount Kenya:- Outspan hotel, Abadere country club,
Economy lodges /Luxury camps:-
- Mount Kenya:- Falcon heights hotel, Kongoni camp
- Samburu Game reserve:– Samburu sentrim camp
- Lake Nakuru national park:- l. nakuru lodge
- Masai mara:- Sentrim mara,Olumara camp,Elengata olerai,Mara Ardvark camp,kichakani camp
- Lake.Naivasha:– crater lake tented camp,Naivasha kongoni camp
- Amboseli national park:- AA Amboseli camp,Kibo safari camp
- Tsavo west:- Ngulia safari lodge,Rhino valley camp
- Tsavo East:- Sentrim Tsavo ,Ndololo camp,Lion hill camp
- Mount Kenya:- Falcon heights hotel, Kongoni camp
Mombasa Safari tour Prices
|No.of people sharing costs
||Low Season||High Season||Peak Season|
|High Level Lodges/Luxury camps
|Standard Lodges/Luxury camps
|Economy lodges/luxury camps
Price will include
- Transport by custom safari van with open roof top
- Mineral water while on safari
- All government Levies,
- All park entry fees,
- Accommodation and meals (full board basis) based on option chosen
- Transfer from your hotel to moi airport
- One way air fare from Mombasa to Nairobi
Price Will Exclude
- soft and alcoholic drinks
- Tips and other gratitude
- Things of personal nature
- Costs incurred while visiting local homesteads [eg.Masai village]
- Boat rides
- Children between 3 to 11 years pay 50% of adult price
- Children occupying own room pay 75% of adult rate
- Single room supplement will apply in all categories except on safaris taken during the low season.
- This 11 days Mombasa Safari tour can leave from any point within the kenyan coast
- We will provide the pick up time at the time of this safari confirmation.
- Any other information you feel worthwhile knowing ; regarding this safari will be provided immediately on request.
See what others say about us