Tortillis Camp Amboseli
Tortilis Camp Amboseli has a prime location for witnessing the majesty of Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro.
Tortilis Camp is named after the flat-topped, umbrella thorn tree, the Acacia Tortilis, and embraces a hill in one of Amboseli’s areas of Acacia Tortilis woodland. Located in a private conservancy bordering the national park, game drives, walks, sun downers and bush meals take place both inside the national park and in the conservancy, where guests enjoy exclusivity.
More about Tortilis Camp Amboseli
The tents are all spacious, with king or twin beds and elegant en suite bathrooms. There is a main lounge, bar and dining area, all exquisitely built with natural materials and thatched roofs, with magnificent views of Kilimanjaro. The Private House and Family Tent are located slightly separate to the main camp, upon the hill where they share a pool and enjoy magnificent views of Kilimanjaro.
Tortilis Camp was one of the first eco-lodges of its size, and is very proudly 100% solar. Guests can rest assure they are leaving a minimal footprint during their stay.
Tortilis Camp’s walking guides are Masai from the local community, who have been walking over these plains since childhood.
Take the time to leave the car behind and enjoy the small things – tracks, dung beetles, micro-ecosystems. The guides are happy to share their knowledge of the terrain, traditional uses of wild herbs and barks, and the Masai way of life.
Amboseli National Park
One of the best & popular national park in Kenya . Amboseli national park wealth of flora and fauna has resulted in the recent designation as an International Bio-sphere Reserve. Attractions include
- Mount Kilimanjaro – The highest in Africa and the most attractive landmark in Amboseli.
- Observation hill – Excellent point to have a better view of the surrounding areas including the nearby marshy grounds.
- Swampy grounds hosting a variety of water fowls like pelican, Egyptian goose.
- Exotic birds are common in Amboseli national park
- Largest groups of Elephants are found here together with all other members of the big five.
- Masai tribe homesteads [ the most celebrated cultural tribe in Africa due to their lifestyle