The Ark Lodge
The Ark Lodge is located in the Aberdare National Park which has four viewing areas where you can observe wildlife at the waterhole and saltlick. There is also a ground level hide – the perfect spot for the discerning photographer. From this vantage point, photos of animals can be taken at eye-level.
So as not to miss any animal sightings, the resident guide will buzz your room when special animals come to the waterhole.
The Ark lodge has four viewing areas from which to observe the ever-present animal activity at the waterhole and saltlick. There is also a ground level hide – the perfect spot for the discerning photographer. From this vantage point, photos of animals can be taken at eye-level.
All “cabins” have an en-suite shower and bathroom. Accommodation in The Ark is in the form of cabins that are self-contained with a shower and toilet. The rooms are on three levels – Deck A, Deck B and Deck C.
The Ark Lodge Accommodation Highlights
Number of rooms: 7 triple rooms, 10 double rooms have queen beds, 37 twin rooms, 6 rooms with single beds.
- The Ark is named after Noah’s Ark.
- The Ark serves meals prepared using fresh, organic ingredients picked from the gardens brought in from farms in the villages.
- The Ark cellar boasts a wide selection of wines.
- A viewing deck on each of the four levels of the Ark enables safe and close viewing of elephants.
- A gift shop sells souvenirs, books, and gift items.
- The Ark library is stocked with books on everything you may want to know about the Aberdares.
- At the bar, where you can watch animals drinking at the waterhole while quenching their own thirst.
From the safety and comfort of all the four decks, one can watch the wild animals visiting the water hole in front of The Ark Lodge.