Saruni Samburu Lodge
Saruni Samburu lodge – located inside Kalama Community Wildlife Conservancy, a large, privately-owned reserve bordering with Samburu National Reserve.
Since the lodge is only 7 km away from the border between Kalama and Samburu national reserve, game viewing exercise cover both reserves.
During your fly-in package at this lodge the following services are included.
- Full board accommodation & limited laundry service
- Park Entry fees
- Soft drinks, house wines, beers & select non-luxury spirits
- Shared day & night game drives in 4×4 vehicles and guided bush walks
- Bush meals, sun-downer & picnic excursions
- One complimentary Back & Neck massage (30 min.) per room per stay
- Warriors Academy (upon request in advance)
- Return airstrip transfers
- VAT & taxes
Optional items you need to pay for during your flying package trip.
- Exclusive use of vehicle (US$350 per day)
- Premium drinks (champagne, luxury spirits and special wines)
- Additional Wellbeing Space treatments
- Gratuities to staff & guides and anything of a personal nature
- Temporary Flying Doctors cover
- Transport & Entry fees to Reteti Elephant Sanctuary (bookable in advance)
- Cultural village visits
- Own private guides
- Late departure fees (US$150 per adult / US$75 per child)
- All statutory increases beyond our control
- Any payable extra services
Saruni Samburu Lodge
The lodge has six luxury, Eco-chic villas are open and spacious, heralding spectacular views over Kalama Conservancy and Mount Kenya.
As the only lodge in over 200,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness teeming with wildlife .
Enjoy guided game drives by Samburu warriors passionate about their land and culture, the safari . Experience at the lodge is intimate and truly exceptional.
The area around Saruni Samburu is teeming with wildlife – from the giant herds of Samburu elephant coming to drink at the waterholes.
leopard are frequently seen around the lairs on rocky outcrops nearby, to endangered packs of African wild dog seen traversing the plains below the lodge.
The area is also home to rare endemic species, the Samburu Five: Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe, Beisa oryx, Somali ostrich and genenuk.
The lodge is the first and most exclusive design lodge of its kind in Kenya.
It uses Eco-design in an architecturally fascinating and innovative way, where it is built into and around a giant volcanic rock face, high up with unbelievable views.
It is open and spacious, blending in to and becoming a part of the natural surrounding environment.
It is bold, dramatic, beautiful and truly unique.
At this lodge, guests can enjoy exciting & relaxing activities. Game drives – both day & night, guided bush walks and visits to the local caves are all amazing.
Experience lounging at the infinity pools or have a massage at her Well being center.
Other adorable activities includes picnic breakfast by the Ewaso Niro River, bush dinners in dry river bed with firelight and Samburu dancers perform right before your eyes. You can also opt for a star-gazing visit to the local village.