Governors’ Camp in Masai Mara
Governors’ Camp nestles in the forest along the winding banks of the Mara River, it’s waters teeming with bird-life, hippo and crocodile, in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara National Reserve. Created in 1972, the Camp set new standards in luxury for a tented camp. Today it’s still Africa’s best.
Governors’ Camp was the first permanent tented camp in the Masai Mara and it occupies the best wildlife viewing location in the National Park. The location of the camp was considered so good that during colonial times it was reserved for the colonial Governors of Kenya, hence the name Governors’ Camp. Today the camp enjoys the same prime location and is perfect for couples, families and friends wanting to experience the best of what a safari in the Masai Mara has to offer.
- Spacious luxurious safari tents entirely under canvas, each with private verandah.
- Mess tent with bar and deck overlooking the Mara River, dining tent, souvenir shop, reception and spa tent.
- Breakfast is a continental and full English buffet. Lunch is served as a buffet with fresh salads al fresco and dinner is a la carte in the dining tent.
- toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap and body lotion) are offered in the tents.
- Electric lights in the tents with 220 Volt UK plugs for charging cameras and phones. Wifi available in camp.