Number of rooms: 7 triple rooms, 10 double rooms have queen beds, 37 twin rooms, 6 rooms with single beds.
- The Ark is named after Noah’s Ark.
- The Ark serves meals prepared using fresh, organic ingredients picked from the gardens brought in from farms in the villages.
- The Ark cellar boasts a wide selection of wines.
- A viewing deck on each of the four levels of the Ark enables safe and close viewing of elephants.
- A gift shop sells souvenirs, books, and gift items.
- The Ark library is stocked with books on everything you may want to know about the Aberdares.
- At the bar, where you can watch animals drinking at the waterhole while quenching their own thirst.
Cottages: 19 two bedroomed, one 3 bedroomed and one 5 bedroomed
- Facilities are a spa, swimming pool, gym, steam massage, sauna, wedding venue, animal sanctuary, and golf course.
- Meals are served in the restaurant: Bush dinners, champagne breakfasts, and sundowners are served.
The Aberdares National Park is part of the Aberdares Mountain Range. These mountain ranges and peaks soar to around 14,000 ft giving way to deep V-shaped valleys with streams and rivers cascading over spectacular waterfalls – this area is a must for landscape lovers. Above the forest is a belt of bamboo, a favourite haunt of the Bongo, a rare and elusive forest antelope. At 10,000 ft. the bamboo gives way to moorland, home to the eland, spotted and melanistic serval cats. Other features are the giant varieties of lobelia, groundsel and heather. Ideal for walking, picnics, camping and trout fishing in the rivers, the moorlands are reminiscent of the European Highlands.
Mount Kenya national park: is an imposing extinct volcano dominating the landscape of the Kenyan Highlands, East of the Rift Valley. The mountains slopes are cloaked in forest, bamboo, scrub and moorland giving way on the high central peaks to rock, ice and snow. Major attractions include; Pristine wilderness, lakes, tarns, glaciers and peaks of great beauty, geological variety, forest, mineral springs, rare and endangered species of animals, High altitude adapted plains game